Friday, June 30, 2006

Terrible weather for Powered Parachutes
















We are having terrible weather lately for any kind of flying. We have needed the rain for quite a while now so I can't complain to bad. At least my yard might actually look green again for a while. These are shots of some more Brookneal training and the one on the left is our instructor Jeff Jenson watching Kiwi perform his pre-flight.

The machine I fly is tore apart right now or at least the gear box is. We were changing the oil in all our machines not to long ago and found a washer in the bottom, which could not be good. I am pretty much just a pilot and trying to learn more about the mechanical part of the machine. Joe does all the work to the machines and w/out him I would never leave the ground. I believe he enjoys working on the machine as much as flying them. Joe tore the gear box down and found a thrust washer missing but no damage to the gears which was a relief. So with the machine out of commission for flying right now and until all the parts come in to replace it this bad weather is not as hard on me.

No comments: