Thursday, June 15, 2006

Brookneal Training
















Here are a couple shots I got the yesterday at Brookneal where we do our training w/ our instructor Jeff Jenson. Yesterday John(kiwi) went up hoping to get his letter to fly but was denied by Jeff yet the other pilot was signed off w/ his letter. He did a great job while he was there, but when you are flying for Jeff it's easy to be a little nervous to perform for him and trust me I know this first hand. I believe if I was the instructor I would have signed both off w/ helpful pointers on what they need to be working on by the time they come back for their check ride or next letter signing, but than again I am not their instructor. I stayed on the ground and took photos and video of Kiwi flying and learned quite a bit from Jeff just listening to him train. I watched both pilots do their T & Gs and dead stick landings and saw very little difference in their flying. Jeff told me he was looking for a more consistant flying, but that seems like something you get w/ experience and that is hard to do w/ out having a letter so you can fly legal. The flip side of that is Jeff having to stick his neck out and put you under his wing saying you are ready to fly on your own therefore signing you off. I would like to get some peoples opinions on training and what they think is the best way and also the safest way for someone to fly these machines.

No comments: