Friday, September 15, 2006

Gas tank might be fixed

The leak in the gas tank might be fixed this time. Kiwi was able to work on the tank again, and I we believe this time he got it sealed. He thinks the first time he just didn't get the tank hot enough for the plastic to bond together and seal. We put some gas in it and it seems to be holding w/ no gas leaks. So hopefully the tank will be put back on the machine and have me ready for flying again without worrying about the tank.
I have to thank Kiwi for fixing the tank even if if doesn't hold this time. I was giving him a hard time about the first time since it didn't hold. We give each other a hard time and this one was really getting to him since he loves to tinker w/ stuff and he was on a mission to get it right. I have to admit he is very smart when it comes to tinkering, and a guy once told me that "if you want to know something about nothing, just ask Dubose", well that could not be more true. He knows a little about everything and a lot about somethings, so he is a very good resource to know and have as a friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you guys flew over my house tonight. Did you fix your gas tank?

Anonymous said...

If you fly over our house we will shoot you with our paintball guns.So stay away!!!